Directed Language Study
In partnership with the Yale Center for Language Study, AIIS, and thanks to videoconferencing technology, Yale-NUS is expanding the number of languages available to our students. If you are interested in signing up for these language courses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You should keep in mind the following:
- These courses follow the Yale-NUS academic calendar. However, because instructors will be at another institution, the course schedule may be adjusted to accommodate national holidays such as Labor Day or Martin Luther King Day.
- Due to the time difference (including DST), some of these courses are likely to be taught in the evening (Singapore time).
- These courses rely on videoconference equipment to connect to the remote classrooms. This technology is available in specific classrooms on campus (see below). It may also be possible to connect via other software (e.g. Zoom) if you are away from campus, but the video/audio quality may not be as good.
- These courses usually meet in the Global Learning Rooms in the Library (map).
- These are regular, 5MC courses with a standard workload.